- Jyväskylä University Library and University Museum merged in January 1, 2017 into the Open Science Centre. It will provide reliable library and museum services to its customers.
- The purpose of the Open Science Centre is to promote open science in the University of Jyväskylä. The Centre will bring the principles of open science to the daily routines of the university community.
- Open Science Centre is responsible for education in information seeking and it also supports research initiatives in information management. Open Science Centre is responsible for collecting all the research and the scientific publishing at the University of Jyväskylä.
- Open Science Centre collects, preserves, studies and exhibits items related to the past and present of the University of Jyväskylä, cultural history and the diversity of nature.
- Open Science Centre familiarizes science with the general public. Anyone can use the scientific library collections and both cultural and natural history collections.
New website will be launched in 2017.